MOTS in Witney, Oxfordshire
An MOT is a legal requirement for all vehicles three years after they were first registered, and then every year after that. It’s the one thing you have to do – but more than 1.5 million motorists forget to take their car for its annual MOT. Here at Suzuki Sportif, we are your local MOT centre in Witney, Oxfordshire, also serving Brize Norton, Duckington, Carterton, Eynsham, Aston, Bampton, Long Hanborough, Oxford and everywhere in between.
PREPARING FOR THE MOT
- Headlights and indicators – Check that all of your car’s lights function properly – headlights, sidelights, rear lights, hazard lights and indicators.
- Brake lights – Press the brake pedal and ask a friend to check that the rear brake light comes on – including any supplementary brake strip light. Alternatively, carefully reverse up to a reflective surface (window, wall or garage door) and look behind to see for yourself.
- Number plate – Make sure that the number plate is clean and legible – even a quick wipe with a cloth can make a difference. The front and spacing of letters must also comply with legal requirements to be passed by the MOT station.
- Horn – Give a short blast of the horn – if it doesn’t work, your dealer will need to repair or replace it.
- Seats and seatbelts – The driver’s seat should adjust forwards and backwards and all seatbelts should be in good, working order. Test movement of the seat and inspect the seatbelt’s full length for damage. Tug sharply on all seatbelts to check that they react as they’re supposed to if you have to brake severely.
- Windscreen – Check the view out of the front of the car for damange – any damage larger than 40mm will cause a ‘fail’, as will any damage wider than 10mm in the ‘swept’ area of the windscreen in front of the driver.
- Windscreen wipers – Make sure your wipers are able to keep your windscreen clean – any tears or holes in the wiper rubber can be an MOT fail.
- Screenwash – Top up the washer bottle before taking the car in for a test – something as simple as an empty container can cause an MOT fail.
- Wheels and tyres – Check that wheels and tyres are undamaged. The minimum legal tyre tread depth is 1.6mm and any tyres with less than this will be marked as an MOT ‘fail’ (though it is recommended that tyres are changed when tread reaches 3mm). If you’re in doubt about how much tread is left on a tyre, your local Suzuki Service Centre can check for you. The dealer can also advise on the type of tyre that is right for your car if a replacement is required.
- Fuel and engine oil – Make sure your car is filled with enough fuel and engine oil – you can be turned away from the MOT without suitable levels of either, both of which are required by the dealership when running the car to test the emissions levels. If you are unsure about the type of oil that should be used, ask your manufacturer main dealer.
All makes and models MOT in Witney, Oxfordshire
Got a car that’s not a Suzuki? No need to worry, try our All Makes MOT! We can MOT or repair any make, any model. Every driver can benefit from our “All Makes” service because we believe in quality care for all motorists without breaking the bank. That’s why we treat every car as though it were one of our own and we use OE-approved parts so your manufacturer’s warranty is not adversely affected.
Car Servicing in Witney, Oxfordshire
Book a service with a Suzuki Service Centre and we promise you’ll experience superior levels of care and leave impressed by the little extras we include as standard. We call it the Suzuki Service Promise.
Here’s nine things you can count on us to do:
- Provide you with alternative transport options
- Make sure our pricing is simple and transparent
- Undertake only pre-approved work
- Guarantee that all of our mechanics are Suzuki trained Technicians
- Use only Suzuki Genuine Parts
- Provide you with progress reports throughout the day
- Wash and vacuum your car with pre-booked work
- Give your car a health check on every visit
- Provide you with Accident Aftercare
DOES MY SUZUKI NEED A SERVICE?
Regular servicing will maintain your car’s overall performance and optimise fuel consumption. It will also help to keep it running efficiently throughout its life. We recommend that you service your Suzuki once a year or every 9,000 or 12,500* miles, whichever comes first. Check your vehicle’s service booklet for full details.
*For correct servicing intervals and pre-2002 registrations, please refer to your owner’s pack or contact your local Suzuki Service Centre.
WE SERVICE ALL MAKES AND MODELS
Got a car that’s not a Suzuki? No need to worry, try our All Makes Service! We can service or repair any make, any model. Every driver can benefit from our “All Makes” service because we believe in quality care for all motorists without breaking the bank. That’s why we treat every car as though it were one of our own and we use OE-approved parts so your manufacturer’s warranty is not adversely affected.